The Markha valley trek, through the Hemis National Park, home of the elusive snow leopard, is one of the most popular treks in Ladakh, India. This trek passes through beautiful villages tucked in the deep valley surrounded by towering mountains, and from the high pass of Kongmaru La, trekkers can enjoy spectacular views of the Kang Yatse peaks. We will be staying in homestays throughout the trek providing an excellent opportunity to discover the everyday life of locals.
FUNDRAISING: This charity challenge will support the renovation and upgrade of family homes for more than 530 children in need directly, and 1,861 indirectly through wider positive impacts in the community.
Together, our goal is to raise 96,500 for Tibetan Children's Villages, Leh-Ladakh, India.
To support our goal, we advise each individual to fundraise USD1,375 so that together, we can succeed with this incredible housing project and support children in need in Ladakh.
FITNESS LEVEL: This will be an extreme test of fitness and determination. There is no technical climbing, but there will be plenty of challenging sections and trekking at high altitude. Regular fitness training and long-distance walking is highly recommended. Click here to read more about the challenge difficulty levels.
TRAINING: We run a variety of training sessions throughout the year and our Hike for Good programme (between mid-Oct to mid-Mar) that we encourage you to take part in before the challenge.
Join our public WhatsApp group to keep informed of all of our news, events and activities.
AED 500 admin fee to GFG and is based on a minimum of 10 pax
- A challenge, adventure and charity experience of a lifetime!
- An opportunity to visit the charity and experience the difference your fundraising will make
- Discounted access to all Gulf for Good hikes, fitness and training activities in UAE mountains
- Fundraising approval and advice regarding fundraising events
- Pre-challenge briefing and gatherings
- Discount with Gulf for Good partner outdoor outfitters
- Safety, medical and equipment advice
- Internal ground transfers
- Accommodation, food and water
- Experienced Outdoor First Aid certified, Gulf for Good support team
- In-country medical and vehicle back up
- Ethical, global standards for in-country guides and porters
Either pay at once or opt for our easy instalment plan below.
- On registration AED1,000 (USD275) deposit toward the Challenge Expenses (non-refundable and non-transferable) paid to Gulf for Good to reserve your space on the challenge
- Thursday 15th April 2022: AED1,225 (USD333), 50% remaining balance towards the Challenge Expenses paid to Gulf for Good
- Thursday 27th May 2022: AED1,225 (USD333), 50% final balance towards the Challenge Expenses paid to Gulf for Good
- Thursday 1st July 2022: AED5,000 (USD1,360) minimum Charity Donation paid to International Humanitarian City
(USD1 = AED3.67)
• International & internal flights
• Tips and spending money
• Kit items
• Drinks (other than water)
This event is approved by the Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department license number 3411