In response to the explosion, the Lebanese Red Cross is providing emergency shelter for 1,000 families and anticipates providing shelter for as many as 10,000 families in the coming months. Food, water, hygiene kits, masks, gloves and other essentials are being distributed to vulnerable families in need. To meet emotional support needs, trained team members are providing crisis counseling to the community. For family members that have been separated by this event, the Red Cross Restoring Family Links program is reconnecting families. Your donation will support this initiative.
Join this virtual trekking challenge along the Lebanon Mountain Trail to fundraise for emergency relief for children and families impacted by the tragic Beirut explosion. In support of the Lebanese Red Cross, hike 59.2kms in 8 days from wherever you are and donate towards the cause. Check out the daily itinerary for details of the incredible Lebanon Mountain Trail or read more about the LMT here.
Here’s how it works:
- We ask for a minimum donation of AED 100 to register through YallaGive.
- You will then receive an email providing all the information and instructions you need to take part.
- Download Zoom to your device and join us at the virtual start line for the warm-up, then off you go!
You will have 8 days to complete the virtual Lebanon Mountain Trail challenge. There will be pictures and videos shared with you as you progress so you can get a feel for what the real Lebanon Mountain Trail trek is like.
We are delighted to announce that this event is being supported by Gulf Multi-Sport and Inphota who will track your progress if you wish to compete on time. Thanks to our wonderful sponsors Runderwear, who are donating a prize for the favourite 'Photograph of the Virtual Trek' and every participant is eligible to use a discount code on their website www.runderwear.ae, shared upon registration.
Ahead of our Virtual Lebanon Mountain Trail Charity Challenge, here are a few things to note:
- We will advise the Zoom link the day before the challenge so you can join the welcome and introduction!
- We highly recommend that you download Strava onto your device and register at Inphota (where you link the event to your Strava account), so our wonderful friends at Gulf Multi-Sport can log you onto the leaderboard for the challenge.
- Don’t forget to tag us on your Social Media channels before, during, and after the event:
#GulfForGood #LebanonTrail #LebaneseRedCross #SupportLRC
If you are based in Dubai, you are invited to join the G4G team to walk along the Jumeirah beach walk together (5km each way) every evening from 5.30pm - 7.30pm, Saturday 19th - Saturday 26th September inclusive. We will be walking in groups of 5 and adhering to social distancing guidelines while completing this challenge.
The start of the running track halfway along the beach next to Jumeirah Beach Hotel. It starts where Al Thanya Street (Street 325) meets street 2C, opposite the start of Umm Suqeim Park.
Google pin: https://goo.gl/maps/3gFnKFXNoR82
This event approved by the Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department license no 3245.
Check out more details about the Lebanon Mountain Trail here.