An absolutely MUST HAVE, for all the adventurous souls in the world. This is a breathtaking journey with views of the mightiest mountain in the world. This includes 12 days on the trail and 2 rest/acclimatisation days. You will trek to altitudes of over 5,500 metres where you will be surrounded by the majesty of these mountains. The terrain is immensely varied with rhododendron forests, roaring mountain rivers, alpine meadows and impressive glaciers, all towered over by the awesome backdrop of the snow-capped Himalayas.
FUNDRAISING: This charity challenge is empowering you to trek to one of the most beautiful wonders of the world while fundraising for our charity project in Kathmandu, Street Child Nepal. Together, our goal is to raise US$ 14,000 (AED 50,000) to build school classrooms accommodating 25 children per build including WASH facilities, to support children of migrant labour workers.
We advise each individual to fundraise US $1,370 (AED 5,000) so that together, we can succeed with this incredible project and support access to education in areas where these children would otherwise receive none.
This will be an extreme test of fitness and determination. There is no technical climbing, but there will be plenty of challenging sections and trekking at high altitude. Click here to read more about the challenge fitness ratings.
We run a variety of free, weekly training sessions that we encourage you to join before the challenge. Registering for this challenge grants you unlimited membership to Gulf for Good's soulFIT fitness and hiking community. Click here to read more about soulFIT.
- A challenge, adventure and charity experience of a lifetime!
- In-country charity visit
- soulFIT training membership
- Unlimited access to all Gulf for Good fitness & training activities and hikes in UAE mountains
- Fundraising approval + support with fundraising events
- Pre-challenge briefing & get-togethers
- Discount with partner outdoor outfitters
- Safety, medical & equipment advice
- Internal flights & transfers
- Accommodation, food & water
- Experienced Outdoor First Aid certified Gulf for Good support team
- In-country medical & vehicle back up
- Ethical, global standards for in-country guides and porters
*optional helicopter out on day 10 of the itinerary available for approximately AED2000 extra (price TBC dependent on numbers). This option reduces the itinerary to 11 days, 2nd to 12th April
Either pay at once or opt for our easy installment plan below.
1. AED1,000 (US$275) - Deposit toward Challenge Expenses (non-refundable and non-transferable) due to G4G to reserve your space on the challenge
2. AED 3,000 (US$800) - 50% remaining balance towards Challenge Expenses due to G4G Thursday 7th January 2021
3. AED 3,000 (US$800) - 50% final balance towards Challenge Expenses due to G4G Thursday 18th February 2021
4. AED 5,000 (US$1,360) - Minimum Charity Donation due to International Humanitarian City Thursday 25th March 2021
(USD 1 = AED 3.67)
- International flights
- Tips and spending money
- Kit items
- Drinks (other than water)
IACAD License no 3139.