An incredible journey cycling through the stunning rolling hills and rainforests of Uganda. The adventure offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to encounter the Great Mountain Gorillas of Uganda in their natural habitat. *Gorilla viewing optional extra subject to permit availability and additional cost of US$ 1750.
FUNDRAISING: This charity challenge is empowering you to cycle through the stunning green hills of Uganda while fundraising for our charity projects in Uganda: Kisoro Children's Foundation and SoftPower Education.
Together, our goal is to raise US$ 23,000 for Kisoro charity and US$ 20,000 for Soft Power to support school renovations.
We advise each individual to fundraise US$ $1,375 so that together, we can succeed with this incredible educational project and support over 875 children in need attending the schools.
This challenge is rated as demanding which requires a good level of health and fitness, comfort riding a bike off-road on varying terrain including steep inclines for up to several hours per day. Click here to read more about the challenge fitness ratings.
We run a variety of free, weekly training sessions that we encourage you to join before the challenge. Registering for this challenge grants you unlimited membership to Gulf for Good's soulFIT fitness and hiking community. Click here to read more about soulFIT.
- A challenge, adventure and charity experience of a lifetime!
- In-country charity visit
- soulFIT training membership
- Unlimited access to all Gulf for Good fitness & training activities and hikes in UAE mountains
- Fundraising approval + support with fundraising events
- Pre-challenge briefing & get-togethers
- Discount with partner outdoor outfitters
- Safety, medical & equipment advice
- Internal transfers
- Accommodation, food & water
- Experienced Outdoor First Aid certified Gulf for Good support team
- In-country medical & vehicle back up
- Ethical, global standards for in-country guides and porters
Either pay at once or opt for our easy installment plan below.
1. AED 1,000 (US$ 275) - Deposit toward Challenge Expenses (non-refundable and non-transferable) due to G4G to reserve your space on the challenge
2. AED 3,300 (US$ 900) - 50% remaining balance towards Challenge Expenses due to G4G Thursday 31st December 2020
3. AED 3,300 (US$ 900) - 50% final balance towards Challenge Expenses due to G4G Thursday 4th February 2021
4. AED 5,000 (US$ 1,375) - Minimum Charity Donation due to International Humanitarian City Thursday 18th February 2021
(US$ 1 = AED 3.67)
- International flights
- Gorilla viewing permit (US$1750)
- Tips and spending money
- Kit items
- Drinks (other than water)
This event is under process for approval by the Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department.