We are aiming to raise funds of USD4,000 (AED15,000) for a Green House tunnel setup at the Eco Home to produce crops and vegetables that can be eaten and also sold at the market for increased sustainability.
Mission Himalaya was founded in 2008 by a group of socially committed professionals to help rural and back tracked Nepalese communities. Not only have they committed to reaching out to those in need of proper healthcare and education but are also dedicated to helping orphaned and homeless children. Nepal has as many as 80,000 orphans, all in need of a safe, secure home.
Their objectives are:
- to help build self-sustaining eco-friendly children’s home, for orphaned and abandoned children
- to build proper healthcare centres, schools and even homes for the rural communities all over Nepal
- provide basic medical treatment to local communities in rural areas, with no proper access to healthcare centres
- to perform eye cataract surgeries – free of cost, including a pre-operation check-up, as well as post-operating follow up
- to build a strong relation with the local communities, to help expand our future community-based services and charities
Their primary project has been:
The Children's Eco Home & Farm - A self-sustaining eco-friendly home for orphans based in Kavre, Panauti. Mission Himalaya provide proper care and nurturing to children who have been abandoned or orphaned.
Registration No: 134/064/065